Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Completed - 02/13/2009


This was my first attempt at making the team of "heroes in a half-shell."  I wanted to include them in my archive so you can track the evolution of my TMNT customs.  I absolutely love this series and have made several versions of these guys.


Leonardo

Raphael

Michelangelo

Donatello



 These guys were made using parts from TMNT Mutations figures and Power Rangers by Bandai.  The 'Mutations' toys were the kind that were regular turtles one-way and you could flip them inside-out and transform them into the Ninja Turtles.  Pretty corny looking, so I tore them apart and salvaged the heads, lower arms/hands and feet and of course the back shells.

 
 
 
The Power Rangers were used as base bodies for each.  I extended the arms and legs to make them proportionate.  Then I sculpted all of the anatomy and body details using Aves Apoxie Sculpt.

 

 
I finished them up with a paint job, of course.  I chose a color scheme that was similar to the original figures released in the 80's.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment