Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Ruby Rhod

Completed 07/17/2013

"Freeze those knees, my chickadees!”

I wanted to continue the Fifth Element line and thought ‘who better to make than the loud-mouthed Cosmic DJ, himself’.
 
 

 

 
Now… can you guess what the most time consuming part was? You got it!! I was dreading having to paint this guy from the moment I started. I knew there was a certain pattern to the spots and I tried to mimic that as best I could, so I painstakingly added each individual dot.
 
 
 
Head: McFarlane NBA Headcast
Body: Wire Armature
Hands: SF Remy
Feet: Resin cast blanks
Sculpt: Used Super Sculpey and Aves Apoxie


Pretty straight forward process. I started with the wire armature and added aluminum foil to help map out torso dimensions. I then began sculpting away. 

 
 
The outrageous collars are made from blister packaging (cut to shape). For his microphone-staff I used this plastic straw I found in one of my miscellaneous bins. I have a bunch of them from somewhere (I don’t know) but it was a perfect fit. I simply sculpted the microphone end. And Ruby also comes with that pesky ‘Fire’ stone, made from sculpey and aves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment