Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Snake Eyes

Completed - 11/29/2008


Snake Eyes here was my first custom action figure EVER.
 


 
I always wanted one as a kid, but never had the chance to own one.  His look is mainly inspired by the classic 80's style Snake Eyes.



 
 

Since I was just starting out with the hobby, I didn't have a cache of spare parts, weapons or accessories.  So I simply scratch built/sculpted my own, like the knife here attached to back of his belt.  To this day, I still scratch build a lot of items specifically for the characters I'm creating.


 
 
 
Snake Eyes was made using a Mortal Kombat: Johnny Cage by Jazwares and the head of a Black costume Spider-man from the Spectacular Spider-man Animated series (you get all that?).  I used Aves Apoxie Sculpt to sculpt the mask, arm and leg straps and tops of his shoes.
 
 
This was my first experience using Aves sculpting compound ever, and I still use the stuff to this day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment