Friday, April 24, 2015

Ermac

Completed 02/07/2015

“We are Ermac. We are the fusion of the souls of dead warriors, created by Shao Kahn to obey him without question.”
 
Ermac’s MK: Deception version is when I really took notice of this ninja. I love the costume design and wanted to capture that iconic “floating” pose.
 
 
 


 
 
 
Body: Wire armature. Needed him to be light since he would be suspended, so I bulked out with aluminum foil and wrapped in foil tape.
 
 
 Head: Head-cast from the bin. I chose one with a furrowed brow.
 Sculpt: I mixed together Super Sculpey and Sculpey Firm and used that for the entire body, arms and legs.
 
 
  I used Aves to sculpt the head-wraps and all of the costume details on the body, arms and legs. Hands and feet are from the bin. I dremeled all of the detail out of the feet and sculpted Ermac’s shoes using Aves.
 
 
 Bendable Sculpey was used for the floating straps.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment